September 14, 2009

Lace Textured Shawl - Habu Textile A-1B Kakishibu Tsumugi Silk


Pattern: Lace Textured Shawl
Fiber: Habu A-1B Kakishibu Tsumugi Silk
Colour: 52 - 4 balls

This Shawl started during Summer Solstice as I took part in the observation of Candle Night. I had wanted to be able to take it in my bag for a brainless project during a convention, but it grew to much those first couple of nights and ended up on the back burner.

This pattern began is't life as a textured shawl recipe shawl, but it took on a life of its own. I had just finished a textured shawl recipe shawl in indigo hand spun and wanted something a little lacier. So I started to throw in random faggot stitches. The pattern is made up of a combination on 8 lace patterns and stockinet rows in decreases row counts.

This was the first time I had used the Habu A-1B Kakishibu Tsumugi Silk and I absolutely love the fiber. I used two strands of the yarn held together, but due to the fineness of the yarn it still achieve a lacey appearance. The yarn is rather stiff when blocked and does seem to bleed out a lot of dye when soaked. I will be interested to see if it gets softer with use this fall.




3 comments:

Connie said...

Wow - it looks great!

VeryRefreshing said...

I adore this piece! It's lacey yet a little rustic looking. Beautiful!

Linda said...

What gorgeous work.