December 20, 2007

Lacy Skirt with Bows







I love the Habu kits and Setsuko Torii patterns but I also love the idea of combining Habu yarns with other yarns and using them with other patterns.

This pattern is Kat Coyle's Lacy Skirt with Bows found in Greetings from Knit Cafe. My original intention was to use a mix of Habu cotton gima and Habu merino for the skirt. I wasn't completely sold on this idea after swatching so I substituted the cotton gima with some Coats Opera Cotton I dyed with logwood.

The yarns used for this skirt are Habu merino A 33 in #6 brown and Coats Opera Cotton dyed with logwood. I used larger needles than called for with the lace panels to create a more open lace and used about 1000 yards of yarn for the skirt.

Happy to report the skirt is a dream to wear and even after 11 and 12 hour wearings does not bag.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The skirt looks great! and nice to know it doesn't bag. Which Habu merino did you use?