August 9, 2007

:: Blueberry Dreams ::

Blueberry Yogurt Breakfast


What can be ever better on a day off than a cup of a fresh made coffee from a French Press, blueberry yogurt, some Knitting with Habu and an Setsuko Torii book to get inspired and look at endlessly!
My own copy, from Siow Chin in HK!



For the yarn for the kit I acquired while out trip in NYC I have to thank Vanessa, as I have made this Jacket already before but in A-60 Habu Linen Paper in red and some recycled Cashmere from a sweater I got at goodwill for 4$.

Habu Linen and Cashmere Jacket

And loved every minute of it: the progress, the drape, the wear, it behaves like nothing else I ever had knit before... and making a second one - I didn't even hesitate for a moment, the same, but with A-1 Tsumugi Silk this time as the pattern calls for it.

But My Dear Friend Siow Chin who made a great effort to get me this book and which I am so thankful for.. inside it I came across this coat.. Same principal, same designer, longer length.. bestill my heart, I decided I want this duster now and I will use this blueberry combo and hope there is enough for this coat. SO whatever you see on the top is going to a frogging pond as soon as I have a window apart from my deadlines to make this beauty live.

Washi Bisu and Tsumugi Coat, click to see superzoom


This coat is calling for Washi Bisu and Tsumugi silk yarns and with help of Nora who translated as Washi Bisu means "Thin Paper" in my understanding it is A-60 "shosenshi" linen paper and that amazing combo makes you see these fibers anew, takes me on adventurous trips every day that's why I can't stop loving it and probably will never get enough...

On info matters:
I must thank again all enthusiasts for posting and sharing your most intimate thoughts and impressions. Please keep them flowing! AND we are 30 members now! Yey!

Olga

4 comments:

Kitty Kitty said...

I am so jealous you have a day off!! The coat is going to be absolutely lovely.

kat coyle said...

Gorgeous coat! I'm so looking forward to getting a copy of this book. It looks very inspiring.

Nora said...

Olga, I'm working on the rest of the translation: gauge etc. I think I want to knit this one with you... :)

Nora

Carlene said...

That is a beautiful, beautiful coat.