July 19, 2007

Habu Haiku

Light gossamer strands
of architectural air
feel so substancial.


So, this is my first experience with Habu. I wasn't sure what to think of it at first. I'm doing a kinda-sorta-kusha kusha scarf using the silk stainless and extra fine merino. I plan to have a bit of the silk stainless by itself on both ends of the scarf, not just on one end the way the pattern suggests. The thread...er, yarn...was so fine that it took me awhile to adjust. Several stitches cascaded off the needle a few times, and it was a bit of a challenge to recover lost stitches. But once I got used to these fibers...wow! They're so fun! I keep wanting to play with the scarf instead of knitting on with it. And I know that once it's felted, it'll be even more irresistable.

This is obviously not going to be a warm scarf, which is good, since I've recently moved to a warmer climate. It'll be more of an early spring accessory, I think, so I chose springy colors. The silk stainless is #1, white, and the merino is #40, a grassy green.

SoKnitpicky

4 comments:

tracing said...

It's beautiful!

iSeL said...

It looks so beautiful and wide. I'm worried about mine. :\

Twisted Knitter said...

I love the green with the white!

OLGAJAZZY said...

Carlene, it's gorgeous, thanks so much for joining and sharing! It's very pretty!
Can't wait to see it finished =)