July 10, 2007

warming up

...with some Tassar Silk. I did find it a little difficult to wind that squeaky little yarn muffin;

I just love the packaging, the twisting, the shine, everything. But I did it.

I'm starting off with the silk version of the Pashmina Cowl from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Even though I have less than the yardage called for, I'm just going to knit until I run out.

This should hold me over until I can get my hands on a kit for a jacket, probably either the linen paper jacket or the lamb wool linen jacket. Do any of you know anything regarding the availability of the kits? Are they hard to come by? I will hopefully be going to Midwest Stitches next month; if they don't have either of these kits for sale there, I'm sure there will be something there that I will love. Most likely something(s).

3 comments:

kitty kitty said...

I can not wait to see how your cowl knits up in the Tassar Silk. I have a small hank of it that I picked up in the sale bins at Habu, but I have never gotten around to knitting with it.

OLGAJAZZY said...

That looks pretty, Carlene! I love me some Tassar Silk, but too much Habu now to knit as it is..and yet not enough.
As for the kits, I know the store I work at part-time has kit-20 in brick red, khaki and charcoal I believe, the prices I need to find out,(depending on size I believe) but they do mail-in orders, so let me know if you want to get your hands on it. And we also have there kit-36 and kit-71 for sure. And thanks so much for joining and posting!

kat coyle said...

Both jackets look great. I like the lines on the wool one and the texture of the linen.