July 10, 2007

Kusha Kusha Jacket

The FO likely won't appear here until September as I'll be away from a computer and the washing machine I'll use to felt this but here's the first half of the first sleeve of a Kusha Kusha jacket.

Tried four different needle types before settling on Clover bamboo circulars. Metal needles turned out to be too slippery. The bamboo circulars are just right. Using size 5.5mm.
I don't often get gauge but instead did 2 large swatches, felted them both and then got out the calculator to redo the increases/decreases.
Cast on 38 stitches for the sleeve as I want the sleeves narrow.
A few more details can be found at http://www.knitsane.squarespace.com/

1 comment:

OLGAJAZZY said...

Michele, thank you so much for posting and I fixed things for you, I love the Kusha Jacket, it has unique texture and looks absolutely different from any other knit jackets, have fun during your vacation and hope to see more when you come back!